Online Branding Matters
I’ve been on the interwebs for a while. I first came into samjackson.org when I got it to run a (not-quite-successful) campaign for student government in High School. Before then, I’d had different online identities and brands. But finally, one site to unite them all! Or something.
A Brief History of the World
- I started blogging here about the mundane details of my life in 2004… but it wasn’t very interesting.
- The mundane anxieties of life had turned mostly to the subject of my own college admissions process at this time, and I (Phillips Exeter Academy ’07), began publishing my thoughts about college admissions, marketing, and the state of higher education on a blog I called The Sam Jackson College Experience.
- Savvy outreach, consulting, and brand management online helped me get into college.
- I went on to (sort of) detail my college experience as an undergraduate at Yale University. I was a lazy blogger. Statistically so.
- I also updated a more basic vCard-type profile as the landing page to my existence. These were separate, though.
- Savvy outreach, consulting, and brand management online helped me get different jobs.
- Dry spell. Sorry.
- Started work in the ‘real world,’ but 95% of the work I was / am doing, couldn’t be shared. Very busy, hard to blog / breathe / live.
2012 – ?
- Revamped site.
- Savvy outreach, consulting, and brand management online helped me take over the world.
- Not yet, but, that’s why I’m updating the site after all… right? That, and vanity.
This page last updated: Aug 27, 2012.