Leverage my passions in technology and politics to make the world a better place for all; extend human progress and civilization to places and star systems yet unknown.
Challenges drive me, and I relish the chance to defy the impossible. I have high expectations for myself and those around me.
I continually seek new opportunities to apply myself, learn new ideas, and make a difference. I take inspiration from all quarters.
Integrity and professionalism are manifest in all I do. Trustworthiness and reliability are of paramount importance to me.
Yale University — New Haven, CT
Political Science B.A. - Class of 2011
Phillips Exeter Academy — Exeter, NH
High School - Class of 2007
- English (native)
- 普通话 (advanced)
- Français (proficient)
- Google Apps
- (some) SQL
- Windows / Office
Oliver Wyman, New York, NY
July 2011 - Present
• Conducted an operational risk and maturity assessment for a major internet / IT services provider, leveraging 100s of interviews and supporting data to identify problem drivers and mitigations
• For a trade association, assessed the risk and opportunities of online distribution and developed a series of targeted internet and multi-channel strategies to compete effectively with new and existing competitors across a variety of industries
• For a global mobile device manufacturer' customer service operations improvement project, led identification of dissatisfaction root causes and best practice solutions; directed development of tangible, impact-oriented solutions and recommendations
• Analyzed the holistic 'data landscape' for dangers and opportunities applicable to a major technology company, developing risk mitigation strategies and a globally applicable process for segmenting data creation and consumption patterns
• For a major telecommunications firm, modeled and developed new customer value proposition across different product lines, modeled lifetime financial impact, and delivered results leading to successful portfolio offer launch
Google Inc., Mountain View, CA
B.O.L.D. People Operations Intern
June 2010 - August 2010
• Co-led new grad Comp Sci. diversity sourcing project; identified 250+ top candidates from underrepresented sources.
• Developed new diversity-savvy outreach and engagement strategy to be implemented by recruiting teams.
• Systematized diversity recruitment at top 100 CS schools to maximize efficiency of recruiter time.
Microsoft Research N.E., Boston, MA
Junior Consulting Researcher
Nov. 2009 - April 2010
• Independently conducted qualitative fieldwork in Beijing on topics related to digital youth.
• Research and collaboration culminated in authoring and publication of MSR Tech Report (no. MSR-TR-2010-60). “Chinese Youth and the Social Web: Identifying Patterns and Trends.”
Google Inc., San Francisco, CA
B.O.L.D. Online Sales Operations Intern
June 2009 – August 2009
• Created automated trend detection and analysis tool to find new revenue growth opportunities and analyze performance of 150+ clients, complemented by data visualization techniques.
• Surveyed Legal team to create corpus of best practices and centralize knowledge and resources for client / sector analysis tool.
• Developed comprehensive Local / Legal client and sector strategy.
Google Inc., New Haven, CT
Google Campus Ambassador
Nov. 2008 – May 2009
• Organized and led campus informational and recruitment events to promote Google products.
• Coordinated with the University Programs team to support targeted recruitment efforts, engaged 100s of Yale students about internship opportunities.
• Served as a Google brand evangelist on campus.
Google Inc., Washington, D.C.
B.O.L.D. Policy Intern
May 2008 – August 2008
• Tracked legislative issues and wrote policy memos inform team; led site corporate culture development
project, aided team in developing briefing questions and preparations material for multiple hearings.
• Co-led accessibility / disability policy strategy on key bills for Google; partnered with Google allies.
• Teamed to help organize the DNC / RNC convention parties for 1200 noted public figures, other events.
Advisory Board Member
April 2008 – Dec. 2008
• Consulted on company strategy for this pre-IPO college admissions web startup; served as a Yale liaison.
• Retained to serve in an advisory role on web design, usability, content, company direction and outreach.
Berkman Center, Cambridge, MA
Research Intern, Digital Natives project
Sept. 2007 – Sept. 2008
• Assisted Berkman fellow danah boyd with editing, feedback, and research for her dissertation;
• Conducted qualitative sociological research on the online behavior of digital natives for the Center.
U.S. Senate, Washington, D.C.
Legislative Intern, Office of Senator John Kerry
April 2007 – May 2007
• Conducted database maintenance and research; drafted constituent mail, office memos.
• Led tours of the U.S. Capitol complex, handled sensitive information. Trained other interns in all office capacities.
• Helped coordinate events, such as a VIP event with 25+ major CEOs , Senators; debate for 150+.
Resume Template by: thingsthatarebrown.com